Today’s vessels must operate globally and relocate from one ocean to another without delay. Having flexibility to use different frequency bands or to choose between different satellites within a region or when in port is a compelling advantage.
The Intellian v240M delivers these advantages with its patented automatic switching between C- and Ku-band service, ensuring reliable connectivity anywhere on the world’s oceans.
The antenna’s high efficiency, offset fed reflector, and an ultra-wide elevation angle enable superb connectivity virtually anywhere you go, even in extremely high latitudes.
True 2.4m MultiBand Performance
Conventional MultiBand solutions have only partially addressed market needs by mounting a 2.4m C-band reflector and a 1.2m Ku-band reflector inside a single radome. The benefit of only installing one antenna is clear. The limitation, however, is lower performance in Ku-band and much slower switching time between C- and Ku-band.
Intellian’s v240M provides outstanding 2.4m performance in both frequency bands, delivering faster download speeds, increased offshore coverage in Ku-band and significant improvements in link economy to both the end user and service provider. Furthermore, switching time is reduced from over one minute to mere seconds.
One antenna. Two frequency bands. 2.4m performance.
Remote Access via Aptus Web
- Built-in web interface: Remote Upgrades, Automatic Diagnostics, Spectrum Analyzer Function
- Remotely access all onboard Intellian antennas (including TVRO) through the onboard network
Global Operation, One Antenna
- Standard equipped with Intellian's patented Global PLL LNB, capable of receiving a full range of operating frequencies from any VSAT satellite around the globe.
- Automatically switches between Co-pol and X-pol in Ku-band.
- No required input from ship’s heading device.
- Quick setup to reduce installation time. Automated Bow offset function in Aptus.
Global Satellite Library
- Preinstalled database of detailed satellite data with one-touch remote updating feature through Aptus.
- Customizable satellite library for a specific network.
Open Platform Compatibility
- Fully compatible with all major service providers.
- Preconfigured modem settings provided in a simple drop down menu using Aptus.
Optional Dual Modem Mediator
- Ideal for redundant modem environments.
- Enables use of separate modems for C- and Ku-band.
Supports BUCs from 25W to 200W
- Adjustable mounting bracket and flexible waveguide design makes mounting any BUC simple.
- Saves additional installation cost and integration time by receiving a pre-configured antenna system.
Fiber Link module
- Connects the antenna to the ACU using a single fiber optic cable with no signal loss up to 2000m.
- Simplifies installation by providing more flexibility of mounting locations.
Auto Beam Switching (ABS)
- Supports ABS via the OpenAMIP protocol from iDirect and Comtech’s ROSS Open Antenna Management (ROAM) protocol.
Optional Dual VSAT Mediator
- Ensures uninterrupted broadband communications by seamlessly switching between two antennas.
- Communicates simultaneously with two Antenna Control Units (ACU). Ideal for redundant antenna environments.
- Over 300 Intellian Service and Support centers around the world.
3 Year Global Warranty
- Industry leading 3-year parts and workmanship guarantee with a 2-year labor warranty for all antenna systems, ensuring peace of mind with your hardware investment