T200B-S Class B AIS Transponder with internal splitter
The T200B-S is a compact and rugged AIS Transponder with built-in Antenna Splitter, designed for the demands of the small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets. It meets the Class B standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class A units to voluntarily fit an AIS Transponder. When connected to an external VHF antenna and a GPS antenna (not supplied), the T200B-S will transmit its own vessel position and data and receive information from other AIS vessels, shore stations and navigational aids within VHF range.
The built-in Antenna Splitter allows the unit to share a single VHF antenna with a VHF radiotelephone, eliminating the need for a second VHF antenna on the vessel and reducing installation time and cost. Additionally, the unit has an FM radio output for monitoring public service FM radio broadcasts.
The unit is initially programmed by the user with the supplied software over a USB interface. The T200B-S is compatible with a range of computer based navigation programs and chart plotters that accept AIS data sentences over a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 connection.
- With built-in Antenna Splitter to simplify installation
- NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 compatible
- Redesigned Compact Housing
- Ideal for Small Commercial and Leisure Craft
- Automatic Transmission of Vessel’s own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range
- A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other AIS vessels within VHF range
- Ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other AIS vessels on a PC or Chart Plotter
- Transmitter OFF facility to conserve power, or for covert use