SKYLLA-i 24/100 (1+1)
Victron Skylla-I Charger 24V/100A (1+1)
Skylla-i (1+1): two isolated outputs to charge 2 battery banks. The second output, limited to approximately 4 A and with a slightly lower output voltage, is intended to top up a starter battery.
Synchronised parallel operation - Several chargers can be synchronised with the CAN bus interface. This is achieved by simply interconnecting the chargers with RJ45 UTP cables.
The right amount of charge for a lead-acid battery: variable absorption time - When only shallow discharges occur the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
Preventing damage due to excessive gassing: the BatterySafe mode - If, in order to quickly charge a battery, a high charge current in combination with a high absorption voltage has been chosen, the Skylla-i will prevent damage due to excessive gassing by automatically limiting the rate of voltage increase once the gassing voltage has been reached
Less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use: the Storage mode - The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge during 24 hours. In the storage mode float voltage is reduced to 2,2 V/cell (26,4 V for 24 V battery) to minimise gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘refresh’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulphation, a major cause of early battery failure.
To increase battery life: temperature compensation - Every Skylla-i comes with a battery temperature sensor. When connected, charge voltage will automatically decrease with increasing battery temperature. This feature is especially recommended for sealed lead-acid batteries and/or when important fluctuations of battery temperature are expected.
Battery voltage sense - In order to compensate for voltage loss due to cable resistance, the Skylla-i is provided with a voltage sense facility so that the battery always receives the correct charge voltage.
Suitable for AC and DC supply (AC-DC and DC-DC operation) - The chargers also accept a DC supply.
Use as a power supply - As a result of the perfectly stabilized output voltage, the Skylla-i can be used as a power supply if batteries or large buffer capacitors are not available.
Li-Ion (LiFePO4) ready - Simple charger on-off control can be implemented by connecting a relay or open collector optocoupler output from a Li-Ion BMS to the remote control port of the charger. Alternatively complete control of voltage and current can be achieved by connecting to the galvanically isolated CAN bus port.
- Features include: Temperature sensor, use as a power supply, forced cooling, Remote on-off port (can be connected to a Li-Ion BMS), Synchronised parallel operation with VE.Can
- Input voltage / input voltage range: 230 V AC / 185-265 V AC
- Maximum AC input current @ 180 VAC: 20 A
- Frequency: 45-65 Hz / Power factor: 0.98
- Charge voltage 'absorption'/'float'/'storage': 28.8 V DC / 27.6 V DC / 26.4 V DC
- Battery capacity: 500-1000 Ah
- Protection: IP21 / Battery reverse polarity (fuse), Output short circuit, Over temperature
- Charge current / starter batt.: 100 A / 4 A
- Charge algorithm / Charge algorithm - Li-Ion : 7 stage adaptive / 3 stage, with on-off control or CAN bus control
- Operating temp. range / Humidity (non condensing): -20 to 60°C / max 95%