- Power Management
- Lithium (LIFEPO4) Batteries
- LiFePO4 BATTERY 24V/180Ah 4.7FkWh
LiFePO4 BATTERY 24V/180Ah 4.7FkWh
The market for battery systems is developing rapidly. There is a growing demand for efficient batteries with a large energy density. Victron Energy has a suitable answer to this demand: the Victron Lithium-ion battery system. This is comprised of a very modern battery with an advanced control- and security system; the so-called Battery Management System (BMS). The BMS controls the charging and discharging, immediately takes action when certain (critical) values are exceeded and safeguards an efficient energy transfer.
The advantages of a Lithium-ion battery over conventional lead-acid batteries
• High energy density: more energy with less weight;
• High charge currents (shortens the charge period);
• High discharge currents (enabling for example electrical cooking on a small battery bank);
• Long battery life (up to six times the battery life of a conventional battery);
• High efficiency between charging and discharging (very little energy loss due to heat development);
• Higher continuous power available.
Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) is the safest of the mainstream Li-ion battery types.The nominal voltage of a LFP cell is 3,2V (lead-acid: 2V/cell). A 25,6V LFP battery consists of 8 cells connected in series.