GPSMAP 8700 BLACK BOX
Give your vessel tremendous capabilities and features that are fully integrated across your entire marine system. This black box system is compatible with Garmin marine monitors or third-party touchscreen monitors (sold separately), allowing you to add to your current helm configuration or build a beautiful, new fully integrated glass helm. It allows you to add and integrate multiple sonar technologies as well as autopilot, connected services, apps, engine data and multimedia at your helm. You can also use SmartMode™ to automatically sync your personal preferences and user data for all networked chartplotters across multiple helms.
Everything you need can conveniently be found at your fingertips — on any touchscreen. NMEA 2000® networking and the Garmin Marine Network allow you to easily build your full
marine electronics suite — from radar and autopilots to cameras, instruments and forward-looking sonar — controlled from your chartplotter and shared across multiple screens. In addition,
our exclusive OneHelm™ system coordinates many third-party manufactured onboard marine products to bring full control of systems — such as digital switching, lighting, stabilization and more — to your touchscreen monitor.
Fully Integrated Black Box System
- Compatible with a single Garmin monitor or third-party touchscreen monitor
- Full support for the range of Garmin black box sonar products, including the GSD™ 26 CHIRP Professional Sonar Module, Panoptix™ LiveScope system and the entire Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar line (all transducers sold separately)
- Integrates internal sonar sharing, multiple black box sonars, Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars, autopilot, connected services, apps, engine data and more
- Pairs with external GPS 19x 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver to update position and heading 10 times per second
- Preloaded worldwide basemap; compatible with BlueChart® g3 charts featuring integrated Navionics® data and Auto Guidance¹ technology
Pair with GPS 19x 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS Receiver
The GPSMAP 8700 black box can pair with our GPS 19x external 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver (sold separately) to update your position and heading 10 times per second. It displays a more fluid vessel movement and dramatically improves your ability to accurately mark and navigate to 5,000 waypoints.
Requires Garmin Card Reader
The Garmin Card Reader (sold separately) provides convenient remote mounting and a single access point for 2 SD™ card slots for mapping. You can add multiple card readers for additional access points. A water-resistant magnetic door allows card reader to be mounted horizontally or vertically.
Add Garmin Charts or Maps with Navionics Data
Upgrade your maps with the most detailed, clear and concise charts and maps. Just add accessory map purchases such as BlueChart g3 and BlueChart g3 Vision coastal cartography and LakeVü g3 and LakeVü g3 Ultra inland mapping featuring Navionics data and Auto Guidance¹ technology. Auto Guidance technology uses your specified depth and overhead clearance to easily calculate routes and see a suggested path to follow. It’s also compatible with Quickdraw Contours software so you can instantly create personalized fishing maps on-screen with 1’ contours as you fish.